IDENTIFY next steps in personal practice to build Asia capability.
DESIGN a professional learning experience for colleagues.
REDESIGN collegially a whole school curriculum for Asia capability.
BUILD relationships with the school community.
DESIGN activities for the school community that build Intercultural understanding.
Asia capable teachers plan for and engage in high quality targeted opportunities to improve practice drawing on and sharing resources from within and beyond the school. They initiate and engage in professional discussions with colleagues directed at improving professional knowledge and practice, and the educational outcomes of students.
Teachers who lead learning:
- seek ways to improve their own practice
- initiate and lead activities, inside and outside the school
- share their experience with colleagues
- inspire colleagues to improve their own professional practice
- represent the school and the teaching profession in the community.
From AITSL: Australian Professional Standards for Teachers