Go Global Ambassadors sit at the heart of our Go Global programs. They are highly-skilled professionals with global careers who share their personal and professional experience and highlight the capabilities that helped them get ahead.
Ambassadors operate in a broad range of sectors including agriculture, arts, design, aid, science, finance and retail. They offer insights into what Australia's place in the world and the Asia region means in practice and share expertise across learning area content.
Some Ambassadors are highly motivated university students and recent graduates who are using their higher education studies (including language study) and work experiences, such as internships and volunteering, to shape their life and career pathway.
- speak about the importance of engaging with Asia and the world and the benefits of developing global capabilities;
- discuss a topic your students are exploring in class, in which the Ambassador has particular expertise, for example urbanisation in Asia;
- share their experience using a language other than English professionally and inspire students to develop their own language skills; or
- contribute to career information sessions.
Explore our Ambassador Bureau and request one or more Go Global Ambassadors for a school visit.
Please note that we charge an administrative fee to arrange school visits. The fee will vary depending on the details of your request and we will be in touch to confirm exact amount upon receiving your completed request form (see 'Steps for organising a school visit' section to the right).
School visit options
| ||Description |
| Individual Ambassador Visit |
- One Ambassador to engage with your students for up to one hour, either in person or online*.
- Visit to be facilitated by the host teacher and/or students.
- Pre and post visit resources provided by AEF.
|Ambassador Panel |
- Panel session (up to 90 minutes) with 2-3 Ambassadors.
- Panel to be facilitated by the host teacher and/or students.
- Pre and post panel resources provided by AEF.
Please note that these are suggestions only. Don’t hesitate to contact us to discuss your school's needs.
* Go Global Ambassadors are usually able to travel up to 50 kilometres for a school visit. Some Ambassadors may be able to travel up to 200 kilometres but might require travel reimbursement (in addition to our administration fee). If your school is far from a capital city, it might be easier to arrange an online interaction or a workplace visit incorporated into a city excursion.
For more school visits in action click here