Australia–ASEAN BRIDGE School Partnerships Project
The Asia Education Foundation (AEF) is pleased announce that registrations for the 2018Australia-ASEAN BRIDGE School Partnerships Project are now open.
This immersive and blended model of professional learning supports school communities across Australia to build an international school partnership with a sister school from either Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, Brunei, Singapore or The Philippines.
BRIDGE includes reciprocal visits for teachers in both countries to visit their partner schools and learn first-hand about each others’ culture, community and school class.
Asian language ability is not a requirement to take part in this program, although it can offer added learning outcomes.
Through pre-departure training, online and face-to-face professional learning in Australia and abroad, educators will develop:
- a deep knowledge and understanding of the diverse cultures of their partner country
- intercultural understanding and an understanding of how to implement it in the Australian Curriculum;
- new approaches to using digital technologies in the classroom to enable global collaboration;
- establish an international school partnership that will provide unique student learning opportunities; and
- contribute to a community of learners across ASEAN member states.
In May 2018, teachers from Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, Brunei, Singapore and the Philippines will be invited to travel to Canberra, Australia to take part in a four-day professional learning program with their sister school representatives from across Australia to explore the new partner relationships and how to plan for sustainable school partnerships through intercultural understanding and the use of new technologies in teaching and learning.
Both the Australian and Asian country home-stay visits for all BRIDGE teachers are designed to develop and share professional best practice and provide opportunities such as:
- partnership planning
- classroom observation
- team teaching
- participation at staff meetings
- curriculum team meetings
- parental engagement
- school excursions
- incursions for teachers to form an understanding of their partner countries education context
Australian teachers will then be given opportunity to visit their sister school in 2019.
* ASEAN – Association of South East Asian Nations.
For any further enquiries about the Australia-ASEAN BRIDGE program, please contact International Programs Manager Aaron O’Shannessy on email@example.com
or (03) 8344 3584.
The Australia-ASEAN BRIDGE School Partnerships Project is funded by the Commonwealth through the Australia-ASEAN Council, which is part of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
Logo: Australia-ASEAN Council