Australia–Indonesia BRIDGE School Partnerships Project
Established in 2008, the Australia–Indonesia BRIDGE School Partnerships Project is an initiative of the Australia–Indonesia Institute and Asia Education Foundation (AEF). To date, the project has established 148 Australia–Indonesia school partnerships and directly involved 592 Australian and Indonesian teachers.
The Asia Education Foundation is pleased to announce that registrations for the 2017 Australia-Indonesia BRIDGE School Partnerships Project are now open.
This immersive and blended model of professional learning supports school communities across Australia to build an international school partnership with a sister school from Indonesia.
Indonesian language ability is not a requirement to take part in this program, although it can offer added learning outcomes.
Through school partnerships BRIDGE, builds teacher capacity to:
- a deep knowledge and understanding of the diverse cultures of Indonesia
- intercultural understanding and an understanding of how to implement it in the Australian Curriculum;
- new approaches to using digital technologies in the classroom to enable global collaboration;
- establish an international school partnership that will provide unique student learning opportunities; and
- contribute to a community of learners across Indonesia.
Two teachers from each Australian school will have the opportunity to participate in a two-and-a-half-week professional learning program with their Indonesian partners to explore the new partner relationships and how to plan for sustainable school partnerships through intercultural understanding and the use of new technologies in teaching and learning.
The professional learning program includes:
- a workshop on building knowledge and understanding of Australia for Indonesian teachers, providing an overview of Australian culture, society, history and its education systems
- a workshop for Australian and Indonesian teachers focused on building relationships, intercultural understanding, use of ICT in teaching and learning to support communication and collaboration, building school partnerships and the sharing of pedagogical practice
- a school visit and homestay program, providing opportunities for Australian teachers and students to interact with Indonesian teachers, experience aspects of Indonesian culture across learning areas, establish the terms and nature of the school partnership, plan for future collaboration and share teaching experiences
- a one-day debriefing to reflect on Indonesian teachers’ experience in Australia and share ways forward for online engagement.
When: February 2017 – April 2017
Cost: FREE (This program has been generously funded by Australia–Indonesia Institute)
If you wish to submit a late registration form, please download and return the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Please note places are strictly subject to availability.
For any further enquiries about the Australia-Indonesia BRIDGE program, please contact International Programs Manager Aaron O’Shannessy on email@example.com
or (03) 8344 3584.