This AEF School Leadership Grant to China is a cultural and educational initiative for an Australian school leader to strengthen their intercultural learning. This grant will provide the recipient with the opportunity to undertake an intensive immersion program in Hangzhou, China.
This Leadership Grant will enable the successful recipient to join AEF from 21-27 November in China, including:
- interactions with leaders in education and community sectors
- attendance at an International Forum for School Principals
- in-school component visiting leading schools including Yinhu Experimental Middle School
This program has been developed thanks to a generous donation. The Leadership Grant will provide a subsidy for an Australian school leader to stimulate their curiosity, understanding and interest in engaging more deeply with China.
Benefits for School Leaders
This immersion program aims to develop intercultural skills, leadership capacity and connections in China.
At the conclusion of the program, it is envisaged that the recipient will have:
- enhanced their knowledge of contemporary China
- further developed their intercultural skills to support the development of collaborative relationships
- expanded their professional networks to support ongoing learning
- contributed to their professional networks by sharing the outcomes of their participation at school, community and system levels.
AEF acknowledges the support of our partner, the Yutong Culture Centre, in arranging the in-country program.
Core program costs covered as part of the grant include:
- pre-departure and post-return webinars
- return flights to China (21-27 November 2019), including the cost of a Visa
- in-country travel arrangements including accommodation, meals, ground transport; and
- all school visits and an invitation to attend the International Forum for School Principals.
Any incidental costs (e.g. passports and incidental spending) are the responsibility of the successful participant.
How to apply
Applications close: 5pm (AEST) Monday 19 August 2019
Recipient will be notified of the outcome of the application by Friday 23 August 2019
Access the application form here.