China Arts Study Program
This program offers a fantastic opportunity to learn about Chinese arts and culture through a ten-day study program to Shanghai, Hangzhou and Beijing, led by accomplished Chinese-Australian Calligraphy and Chinese Painting Master Mr. Xu Huawen. This immersive professional learning program integrates a unique blend of learning opportunities including sessions orientating participants to the educational environment in China and workshop at leading arts institutions, networking with education practitioner engaged in teaching the same learning area.
The program aims to help participants to:
- build the capacity to implement the Australian Curriculum for the Arts and the cross-curriculum priority - Asia and Australia’s engagement
- build knowledge and understanding of China’s education system through school visits and briefings by key education specialists and briefings by in-country experts
- build intercultural understanding through experiencing China’s rich cultures and languages
- build professional learning networks with colleagues from across Australia participating in program as well as networks with peers in China to establish collaborative classroom activities between Australia and China
- build knowledge and understanding of contemporary culture and the art through visits to key cultural (including historical, political, religious, artistic and environmental) sites.
For country information, visit the DFAT website. All participants will be provided with a China country information pack.
When: 22 September - 2 October 2018
Cost: $2,950.00 (Inclusive twin share accommodation, professional learning programs and materials - both pre-departure and in-country - and most meals and land costs)
For the full itinerary or further information, please email email@example.com or call 03 8344 3590.
Due to popular demand, registrations have been extended to 10 August 2018.