Additional professional readings
These suggested readings are for those seeking additional conceptual and/or practical advice related to intercultural understanding in education, both general and specific to the Australian context.
- UNESCO Guidelines on intercultural education (UNESCO, 2006)
- UNESCO World Report: Investing in Cultural Diversity and Intercultural Dialogue (UNESCO, 2009)
- Education for intercultural understanding (UNESCO, 2010)
- Intercultural competences: conceptual and operational framework (UNESCO, 2013)
- Global citizenship education: preparing learners for the challenges of the 21st century (UNESCO, 2014)
- Learning to live together: education policies and realities in the Asia Pacific (UNESCO, 2014)
- Global citizenship education: an emerging perspective (UNESCO, 2014)
- Developing Intercultural Understanding: An Introduction for Teachers (AEF, 2005)
- What Works 3 – Achieving intercultural understanding through the teaching of Asia perspectives in the Australian Curriculum: English and History (AEF, 2013)
- What Works 6 – Australia–Asia school partnerships (AEF, 2014)
Hassim, E. (2013). An 'Intercultural understanding' view of the Asia priority: Implications for the Australian Curriculum. Centre for Strategic Education Occasional Paper, 131 (July).
- Difference Differently (Australian Government Department of Education, Employment and Workplace Relations)
- Prejudice. No Way! and Racism. No Way! (NSW Department of Education and Communities)