Asia Education Foundation (AEF) connects school leaders, teachers and students across Australia and the Asia-Pacific.
AEF creates and delivers informative curriculum resources, school partnership programs, educator national and international professional learning, innovative student programs and rich networks that connect Australian schools with 23 countries across Asia-Pacific.
Since 1992, AEF has been an initiative of Asialink at The University of Melbourne and partners with the Australian Government, state and territory education jurisdictions, education professional associations, business and philanthropic supporters.
AEF works with educators and students to support intercultural learning, Asia-Pacific literacies and capabilities, cross-curriculum priorities, and global perspectives. AEF assists in growing knowledge and understanding of our region, each other and the world to navigate a shared, inclusive, harmonious future.
All Australians have knowledge, capabilities, and networks to build a harmonious, inclusive Australia and contribute to a shared prosperous future in the region. A world where young people promote respect, empathy, and inclusion for all.
AEF works with schools, school leaders, teachers, school communities and young people on three main goals:
- Build Global Competence and Asia-Pacific Capabilities
- Create connections to learn together, deepen knowledge, build relationships, and embrace diversity
- Strengthen future skills, including STEM, student voice and agency, and leadership
These three goals are designed to be outcomes of AEF's main three offerings:
- International Education and School Partnerships
- Educator Professional Learning and Youth Learning Programs
- Education Research and Resource Development
Our current and evolving programs and platforms are responsive, flexible, and highly effective education initiatives informed by evidence, built on collaboration, and focused on capacity building of educators and students around Australia and 23 Asia-Pacific countries.
WHERE WE WORK
AEF work with teachers, schools, school leadership and young people across every state and territory in Australia, South East Asia, South Asia, North Asia and the Pacific, across 23 nations.
We create partnerships between schools in the region, networks of educators and communities and relationships between educators and young people.
- 30 years experience developing and delivering national and international school partnership programs, educator professional learning, youth programs, research and curriculum resources.
- partnered with government departments in each Australian state and territory and federally to deliver programs.
- active networks with schools and communities across 23 countries in the Asia-Pacific.
- experienced and expert Advisory Council including representatives from each state and territory education department, tertiary educators, professional associations and national organisations.
- linked with business, arts, diplomacy and tertiary sector through Asialink and University of Melbourne