Activity 4: Conclusions
You’ve learned a lot! First you analysed how 21st century skills match-up with the needs of the Asian century. Then you decided which were the most important things needed to succeed in this era. Now you’re ready to draw conclusions about how your school prepared you for this challenging era and how it could do this better for the students who follow you. Be as thoughtful and creative as you can to make a persuasive case for change to teachers and school leaders.
- Key inquiry question: Did your school prepare you for success in the 21st Asian century? If so, how? If not, what should they do?
The sections below will give you some examples as inspiration of the way things could be.
21st century work:
- Read through the links below and see how the information compares with your list of 21st Asian century skills:
- Use the ideas in the links to reflect on how your school could better prepare you for this kind of work world:
Asia literate schools:
- Skim through information and list of schools. Read through some of the links, looking for information and examples of how your schooling experience could develop your Asian capabilities.
- Use the ideas in the link to reflect on how your school could better prepare you.
Every human organisation can be improved. In fact, continuous improvement is one of the hallmarks of the 21st Century. In this spirit of making positive improvements, you and a small team will develop a proposal in response to the final key question:
- Final key question: Did your school prepare you for success in the 21st Asian century? If so, how? If not, what should they do?
Your response will be a detailed proposal argument outline that includes:
- Description of problem
- Proposed solution
- Justification for solution
Here is a link to help you understand what a proposal can include: What Is a Proposal Argument Essay? – from Synonym
You can use any software you think will be most helpful to develop your draft proposal.
Review the Rubric: 21st Asian Century for clear expectations on the quality of your response.